So we had been talking all week about going to the hot air balloon festival. Everytime I mentioned it to Mylo it reminded me of Kai Lan talking up the moon festival, haha! (ok, I may watch too much Nick Jr.)

The hot air balloon festival did not disappoint! So much fun for the boys, and for me too since I have had a deep love for hot air balloons since I was their age. So I was pretty darn stoked to see some balloons!
Starting off our adventure with suckers from Aunt Lisa and Hayden...

Look, she can hold two toddlers' hands AND carry a baby in her belly. Impressive.

The very first balloon we saw get blown up...

Mylo's sweet little intrigued face watching it happen...

Phinny and Gigi watching the balloons...

Mommy and Phinny watching the action...

My wonderful boys...

Phinny showing his appreciation for taking him to the balloon festival...

More getting blown up and one taking off...

Up, up and away!...

So amazing...

My all-time favorite hot air balloon - the strawberry!...

Then the boys got a chance to run around and be boys...

And take sips of our daiquiris (NON-ALCOHOLIC OF COURSE)...

SUCH a wonderful evening spent with family enjoying the hot air balloons! Although I've had a life-long love affair with hot air balloons, for some reason I'm not that interested in riding in one. How about you? Would YOU go up in one?
I guess I've become less daring in my old age. :) However, I have been riding on the back of my husband's motorcycle. I'll have to get some pics and do a blog post on that soon. :)

The hot air balloon festival did not disappoint! So much fun for the boys, and for me too since I have had a deep love for hot air balloons since I was their age. So I was pretty darn stoked to see some balloons!
Starting off our adventure with suckers from Aunt Lisa and Hayden...

Look, she can hold two toddlers' hands AND carry a baby in her belly. Impressive.

The very first balloon we saw get blown up...
Mylo's sweet little intrigued face watching it happen...

Phinny and Gigi watching the balloons...

Mommy and Phinny watching the action...

My wonderful boys...

Phinny showing his appreciation for taking him to the balloon festival...

More getting blown up and one taking off...
Up, up and away!...

So amazing...
My all-time favorite hot air balloon - the strawberry!...

Then the boys got a chance to run around and be boys...
And take sips of our daiquiris (NON-ALCOHOLIC OF COURSE)...

SUCH a wonderful evening spent with family enjoying the hot air balloons! Although I've had a life-long love affair with hot air balloons, for some reason I'm not that interested in riding in one. How about you? Would YOU go up in one?
I guess I've become less daring in my old age. :) However, I have been riding on the back of my husband's motorcycle. I'll have to get some pics and do a blog post on that soon. :)
2 comments:
I love to fly, so I totally would go up in one. I'm dying to ski dive as well...! (Though, not this summer, since I'm pregnant!) One day...!
Your boys are adorable! Looks like a fun day was had by all.
We went to a hot air balloon festival the first year we moved here; it was in town at the fairgrounds- it was totally cool! And no, I would NEVER go up in one...I"m terrified of heights!!
Post a Comment