Friday, August 6, 2010

Puttin' Dora the Explorer to Shame


My neighbor/friend Renee and I packed up our kiddos and went exploring at one of our local metro parks. We had a BLAST, and I of course took a bazillion pictures.


Mylo and Alaina, best little buddies...



Renee wearing Trent in my Kokopax...



Exploring...



"I found a stick!!"...



It's always fun to jump on bridges...



And peer over the edge...

(no grumpy old trolls under this bridge! phew.)


Time to rehydrate...



And after lunch it was off to the playground...



Let me just tell you that this guy is FEARLESS when it comes to climbing things...



"Weeeeeeeee!"...




Mylo and Alaina playing follow the leader, one of their favorite games...



Then it was off to the swings!

How cute is this little guy??!!...



Phinny LOVES the big boy swings...



And Mylo prefers the baby swings - they're more secure so he can go "really HIGHER"...



Alaina being a big girl pushing Phin...



And then of course we have the "real life" picture - one of those moments that sums up motherhood in a nutshell. We've got mom in her mom shorts (kinda like mom jeans) carrying crying toddler who can't walk and eat snacks at the same time, pushing stroller loaded with stuff...

Someone put that one in the brochures.


It was great to get out for a fun day with good friends!!

3 comments:

In Everything said...

fun day:) And moms are supposed to be taking pics like crazy... right??

And only you can pull off the "real life" mom pic and still look cool and got it all together;)

Angela said...

We love that park too! Looks like you had loads of fun. :-)

Diana said...

Looks like you guys had a great day! I want to come spend a day at the park with you!

I can't believe how Phin climbs!