I always get confused about how many months I am, so I'm just gonna say 8ish, k? I'm in the homestretch. Although it doesn't exactly feel that way...feels like I've got an ETERNITY left 'til Desmond makes his appearance!



(I took these pics the other day for a review on SIMPLE. The top is from pure t and I LOVE it!)
The end is always really difficult for me. Well, pregnancy in general is really difficult for me! But the end is so hard because I have such severe hip pain. I also have lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. And Mr. Desmond is a professional uterus kicker, so I'm just seemingly in constant pain! All worth it, right?
Basically I spend my days sitting on the couch just trying to make it through . A successful day is making sure everyone gets fed, no one gets hurt, and Phin gets his diapers changed within a reasonable amount of time! My house is a disaster...BUT...we're hiring someone to clean our house so that will make a HUGE difference. Mainly in poor Jon's stress levels. He's been taking care of the kids, the house and working his high-stress job day in and day out...he's been AMAZING!
Since the end is in sight, here are some things I'm looking forward to...
:: my hospital stay ::
Sounds crazy, right? I'm actually really looking forward to the time away to bond with just Desmond. It's kinda like a mini-vacation where I have people taking care of me for a change!
:: breastfeeding! ::
I love to breastfeed and am SO looking forward to it again! Medela recently sent me a Freestyle Breastpump to review on SIMPLE, and I can't wait to try it out. I had a Medela Pump In Style for my other two, and was able to sterilize everything and bless my sister with it. But there's nothing like having a little newborn snuggled up to you while your body provides the perfect food for them.
:: snuggle-tucking ::
I love to wrap up my babies like little burritos and watch their eyes droop shut. :) This time around I've got some Aden & Anais muslin swaddlers, which are simply THE BEST.
:: fuzzy smell-good newborn heads ::
Nothing like a tiny little fuzz head to sniff!
That's about all the random thoughts I have for now.

(I took these pics the other day for a review on SIMPLE. The top is from pure t and I LOVE it!)
The end is always really difficult for me. Well, pregnancy in general is really difficult for me! But the end is so hard because I have such severe hip pain. I also have lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. And Mr. Desmond is a professional uterus kicker, so I'm just seemingly in constant pain! All worth it, right?
Basically I spend my days sitting on the couch just trying to make it through . A successful day is making sure everyone gets fed, no one gets hurt, and Phin gets his diapers changed within a reasonable amount of time! My house is a disaster...BUT...we're hiring someone to clean our house so that will make a HUGE difference. Mainly in poor Jon's stress levels. He's been taking care of the kids, the house and working his high-stress job day in and day out...he's been AMAZING!
Since the end is in sight, here are some things I'm looking forward to...
:: my hospital stay ::
Sounds crazy, right? I'm actually really looking forward to the time away to bond with just Desmond. It's kinda like a mini-vacation where I have people taking care of me for a change!
:: breastfeeding! ::
I love to breastfeed and am SO looking forward to it again! Medela recently sent me a Freestyle Breastpump to review on SIMPLE, and I can't wait to try it out. I had a Medela Pump In Style for my other two, and was able to sterilize everything and bless my sister with it. But there's nothing like having a little newborn snuggled up to you while your body provides the perfect food for them.
:: snuggle-tucking ::
I love to wrap up my babies like little burritos and watch their eyes droop shut. :) This time around I've got some Aden & Anais muslin swaddlers, which are simply THE BEST.
:: fuzzy smell-good newborn heads ::
Nothing like a tiny little fuzz head to sniff!
That's about all the random thoughts I have for now.
7 comments:
you look stunning. Love the bump.
I too like you love my hospital stay ALONE :) with baby... I would never do a home birth because I would miss that time away, us crazy moms of all boys ;-) - we're really the sane ones right, hehe.
Wish I could be there...
oh look at you! beautiful! Wish I was there to see it in person! :)
brittany
I remember feeling and looking forward to all those things too! So exciting! You look great! :)
I totally saw these pics in your post on SIMPLE. I peeked! :) YOU ARE GORGEOUS!! Seriously...you are!! Ok, now I'll go and read the rest of your post :)
The end is tough, so hang in there:)
I enjoy the hospital too!! My husband and I always call it the "hotel"... cable,I'm expected to rest in bed!!, no cooking/dishes, only 1 baby to care for and some time alone together (almost a date??). FOr Nate's birth we brought our favorite movie... LOL!!
You are always soo pretty:) And I am thankful for the help you are getting... it will be nice... keep the extra help for a little while after baby, too!! You'd get to enjoy the new family a little better with some tasks taken off your plate!!
You look gorgeous! I hope your ending doesn't go bad for ya....And maybe it will go quick!!
HUGS
Love ya
You are BEAUTIFUL! I am so glad that you are getting some relief! Can't wait to meet Desi!
Post a Comment