Oh friends are you ready for an EXCITING blog post to entertain you this Monday night?!
Then sorry...you're gonna have to go elsewhere. This one's gonna be pretty random and...well...not interesting. Sorry.
I want to blog something really fun with great pictures, but I got nothin' for ya. Except the daily happenings of my oh-so-exciting life as a very pregnant SAHM. Enjoy.
My mother's day was pretty uneventful. I got to sleep in until 10 though! Doesn't get much better than that for a pregnant mom of 2 small children!! We went to the late service of church, then picked up lunch and ate in the sunshine on our deck. That was actually really enjoyable to me...it was a stress-free, enjoyable meal with all 4 of us. It's the small pleasures, right?
Then during naps, I went shoe shopping. And by shopping, I meant that I went to the store to try on shoes I had been researching for weeks online. Because I can't buy anything without knowing every last detail of the product to the point where I know more than the salesperson.
Thanks to the obsessive blogging of Emily about how every pregnant woman MUST have a pair of Danskos, I was finally ready to take the plunge. Pregnant or not, I have major back/hip pain and decided it was high time to invest in some amazing shoes.
The store I went to didn't have the color/size combo I wanted, but they DID have these on the sale rack. Yesss...

The comfort. Oh the comfort. Emily is my hero for forcing the Dansko issue down my throat. Now, I actually went to buy sandals, but when I saw these on sale, I couldn't leave without them. They are perfectly my style, and I will be able to wear them for years. I have actually been wearing them around the house, which has helped my hip pain incredibly. I am able to be on my feet for longer periods of time to do some things around the house. Now, if they could just make shoes that stop the contractions...
While at the shoe store, I was introduced to a couple other brands I hadn't heard of. I tried on a few pair of sandals, but nothing was perfect. So I went home and....that's right....did LOTS of research on the new brands. I finally found the almost perfect pair. Wanted: good support for my high arches, flat sole, straps around the ankles so the don't slip around, and stylish of course. While these aren't perfectly my style, they're the closest thing I could find while meeting all the important criteria...

The brand is Naot. And yes, they were very pricey. Happy Mother's Day to me. But after the relief I have gotten already from the Danskos, I say its WORTH IT! I ordered from Zappos (my favorite) and they should be here tomorrow. I'll let you know how they work out...I know you'll be on the edge of your seat waiting to hear.
Tomorrow I go to my OB/Gyn. I'm a little bit nervous that she will be putting me on bedrest. It's my first cervix check of the pregnancy, so we'll see if I'm dilated at all since having such frequent contractions. And my guess on what the first thing she says when she "gets up in there" is this..."oh wow, his head is like right there." Uh, yeah...he sure is.
I'm having a little baby shower on Saturday here at my house. I was REALLY hoping for nice weather to sit on my deck with my girlfriends and chat. But guess what? It's supposed to RAIN. What else is new? Looking forward to having some girl time either way.
Since I can't do anything around here, I have found some solutions to make life a little easier. Today I used Meijer grocery express to get all our food. Have you heard of this? You place your order online, then just go pick up your groceries! Wonderfulness. We have also hired a friend from church to clean our house. Wonderfulness x infinity. Life has felt TOTALLY out of control in our home life, so while these things are costly, we're feeling its well worth it for us right now. We have always followed a very structured budget and done our best to be good stewards of our money. So now during this difficult time in our life, we are able to splurge a bit on some things we normally wouldn't do!
Ok friends, we made it to the end! Thanks for listening.
Then sorry...you're gonna have to go elsewhere. This one's gonna be pretty random and...well...not interesting. Sorry.
I want to blog something really fun with great pictures, but I got nothin' for ya. Except the daily happenings of my oh-so-exciting life as a very pregnant SAHM. Enjoy.
My mother's day was pretty uneventful. I got to sleep in until 10 though! Doesn't get much better than that for a pregnant mom of 2 small children!! We went to the late service of church, then picked up lunch and ate in the sunshine on our deck. That was actually really enjoyable to me...it was a stress-free, enjoyable meal with all 4 of us. It's the small pleasures, right?
Then during naps, I went shoe shopping. And by shopping, I meant that I went to the store to try on shoes I had been researching for weeks online. Because I can't buy anything without knowing every last detail of the product to the point where I know more than the salesperson.
Thanks to the obsessive blogging of Emily about how every pregnant woman MUST have a pair of Danskos, I was finally ready to take the plunge. Pregnant or not, I have major back/hip pain and decided it was high time to invest in some amazing shoes.
The store I went to didn't have the color/size combo I wanted, but they DID have these on the sale rack. Yesss...

The comfort. Oh the comfort. Emily is my hero for forcing the Dansko issue down my throat. Now, I actually went to buy sandals, but when I saw these on sale, I couldn't leave without them. They are perfectly my style, and I will be able to wear them for years. I have actually been wearing them around the house, which has helped my hip pain incredibly. I am able to be on my feet for longer periods of time to do some things around the house. Now, if they could just make shoes that stop the contractions...
While at the shoe store, I was introduced to a couple other brands I hadn't heard of. I tried on a few pair of sandals, but nothing was perfect. So I went home and....that's right....did LOTS of research on the new brands. I finally found the almost perfect pair. Wanted: good support for my high arches, flat sole, straps around the ankles so the don't slip around, and stylish of course. While these aren't perfectly my style, they're the closest thing I could find while meeting all the important criteria...

The brand is Naot. And yes, they were very pricey. Happy Mother's Day to me. But after the relief I have gotten already from the Danskos, I say its WORTH IT! I ordered from Zappos (my favorite) and they should be here tomorrow. I'll let you know how they work out...I know you'll be on the edge of your seat waiting to hear.
Tomorrow I go to my OB/Gyn. I'm a little bit nervous that she will be putting me on bedrest. It's my first cervix check of the pregnancy, so we'll see if I'm dilated at all since having such frequent contractions. And my guess on what the first thing she says when she "gets up in there" is this..."oh wow, his head is like right there." Uh, yeah...he sure is.
I'm having a little baby shower on Saturday here at my house. I was REALLY hoping for nice weather to sit on my deck with my girlfriends and chat. But guess what? It's supposed to RAIN. What else is new? Looking forward to having some girl time either way.
Since I can't do anything around here, I have found some solutions to make life a little easier. Today I used Meijer grocery express to get all our food. Have you heard of this? You place your order online, then just go pick up your groceries! Wonderfulness. We have also hired a friend from church to clean our house. Wonderfulness x infinity. Life has felt TOTALLY out of control in our home life, so while these things are costly, we're feeling its well worth it for us right now. We have always followed a very structured budget and done our best to be good stewards of our money. So now during this difficult time in our life, we are able to splurge a bit on some things we normally wouldn't do!
Ok friends, we made it to the end! Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment