This evening I had an impromptu date night with this guy...


He's the love of my life.
Husband of almost 8 years.
Father of my children.
That's right, date night...just the two of us. No kids. Uninterrupted conversation.
We called his mom to see if she could come over last minute to watch the boys so we could go. She gladly rushed over. We hopped in the car and headed to our romantic destination...
:: THE HOSPITAL ::
That'll kill 'the mood', if ya know what I'm sayin'.
Yeah so my contractions have been so bad the past 36 hours that I thought there was a chance I was going into pre-term labor. So I decided NOT to take my chances since I'm only 34 weeks, and head into my doctor's office to see what's up. But my doctor's office happened to close early today, so they sent me down to labor and delivery. Ohhhhh goody.
Now, although we were headed to the hospital, Jon and I quickly realized it was the first time we had been alone for a very long time. It kinda DID feel like a date, lol! And although we certainly didn't want to have the baby just yet, it was nice to get be out just the two of us, regardless of the circumstances!
So at the hospital they monitored my contractions, checked my cervix, the whole deal. Good news...NOT dilated! How in the world that is possible with all these contractions, I have no clue. BUT, I'm very thankful and HOPE Desmond will stay in at least another 2 weeks.
In the meantime, I am in horrific pain. Sporadic contractions throughout the day and night will really wear a pregnant lady down! Plus I have significant hip pain, as always. And the newest member of the pain club is...a hemorroid! Oh the joy. I've had them AFTER pushing a baby out, but never before and ZOMG is this painful. Desmond is lowwww so all that pressure, plus contractions, plus hip pain, plus hemorroid = Kate barely being able to walk.
We're having to come up with a new plan of how to get through our days since I can do next to nothing right now. But we're gonna do whatever it takes to successfully complete this pregnancy. My hopes? A) Have a full term baby. B) None of us having to go to the looney bin in the process.
I'm so glad I have my husband. He really is the absolute BEST, and there's no other person I'd rather walk through this with!!


He's the love of my life.
Husband of almost 8 years.
Father of my children.
That's right, date night...just the two of us. No kids. Uninterrupted conversation.
We called his mom to see if she could come over last minute to watch the boys so we could go. She gladly rushed over. We hopped in the car and headed to our romantic destination...
:: THE HOSPITAL ::
That'll kill 'the mood', if ya know what I'm sayin'.
Yeah so my contractions have been so bad the past 36 hours that I thought there was a chance I was going into pre-term labor. So I decided NOT to take my chances since I'm only 34 weeks, and head into my doctor's office to see what's up. But my doctor's office happened to close early today, so they sent me down to labor and delivery. Ohhhhh goody.
Now, although we were headed to the hospital, Jon and I quickly realized it was the first time we had been alone for a very long time. It kinda DID feel like a date, lol! And although we certainly didn't want to have the baby just yet, it was nice to get be out just the two of us, regardless of the circumstances!
So at the hospital they monitored my contractions, checked my cervix, the whole deal. Good news...NOT dilated! How in the world that is possible with all these contractions, I have no clue. BUT, I'm very thankful and HOPE Desmond will stay in at least another 2 weeks.
In the meantime, I am in horrific pain. Sporadic contractions throughout the day and night will really wear a pregnant lady down! Plus I have significant hip pain, as always. And the newest member of the pain club is...a hemorroid! Oh the joy. I've had them AFTER pushing a baby out, but never before and ZOMG is this painful. Desmond is lowwww so all that pressure, plus contractions, plus hip pain, plus hemorroid = Kate barely being able to walk.
We're having to come up with a new plan of how to get through our days since I can do next to nothing right now. But we're gonna do whatever it takes to successfully complete this pregnancy. My hopes? A) Have a full term baby. B) None of us having to go to the looney bin in the process.
I'm so glad I have my husband. He really is the absolute BEST, and there's no other person I'd rather walk through this with!!
4 comments:
That sounds similar to Owen.. but I was 29 weeks when I was admitted to the hospital for almost 3 days. I basically had to force them to let me go on day two... I saw the need to be there the 1st 24 hrs... but after that was pushing it.. was not fun!
It must be a 3rd baby boy thing.. but I contracted constantly from 29 weeks til I had owen at 39 weeks... it was hard..
I hope yours slow down and you dont get to the exhausted no sleep point like i was at the last month. Thinking of you!
I hope Desmond stay in for at least another 3 weeks for your sake - the lungs only finish developing by 37 weeks. My 3rd son was born at 36 weeks and had some respiratory issues at birth, you don't want that! I hope he can bake inside you as long as possible!
Thinking about you! Can't wait to see what Desmond looks like but hopefully not too early.
Oh Kate....I love you girl!! I will continue to pray that you will have the strength to get through this. Oh girl!!!
Kate,
SO sorry you are going through this! I am praying for strength as you go through the next several weeks. Love you girl!
Post a Comment