Saturday, May 14, 2011

Shower for Desmond

My family was kind enough to throw me a little shower this morning to celebrate Desmond. Although I wasn't sure it was the kosher thing to do with baby #3, there were a few things we needed. But more importantly, I was looking forward to having some girl time with my dear friends and family!!


Here's me right before people arrived..."Wait, I need to check SIMPLE real quick to make sure my review for today posted!"



Yummy pastries...



Opening gifts...



My friend Sandy brought Mylo & Phin some fun balls...but I of course found a different use for them. I hardly look pregnant with these babies in!...


I can't get enough of my nephew!!



See what I mean? I could just eat him up!!

(that's my sister btw...she's pretty cute but not as cute as Beckett. I don't have the overwhelming urge to sniff her head.)


Some of my lovely friends that have been incredible blessings to me over many years...



We had the shower at my house, and were able to sit out on the deck because the weather was PERFECT! It was totally supposed to rain but instead was sunny with a cool breeze. It was wonderful to visit with everyone...and have UNINTERRUPTED conversations since none of our kids were there!! Everyone was beyond generous to us - we got some great gifts and gift cards to get all the other stuff we need.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS DAY SO SPECIAL! Even my friends who couldn't make it sent along gifts - SO GENEROUS! (Girls Night Out Girls...I can't wait to get my pedicure!!)



1 comment:

Shannon - theSIMPLEmoms.com said...

Oh what a blessing!! You look so cute too...I love the baby pic and the one with your "balls"... :)