He's here! He's here!
Desmond Jonah
6/23/11
6:18am
8lbs. 2oz.
18 inches
He's PERFECT!
Um, you guys...I totally had to deliver that 8lb. baby without an epidural or any other kind of drug. NOT.BY.CHOICE. Trust me.
I woke up at 4:13 am and knew this was it. We rushed to the hospital where I was having labor pains like I have never experienced. ZOMG. We get up to L&D where I basically beg everyone in sight to get me an epidural. When they checked me, I was dilated to 9. Did you HEAR that? A freakin' NINE! Too late for an epidural. My response?
"OH SH*T!!"
Never in a million years did I want to be put in that position, but throughout my pregnancy I just knew it was gonna happen that way. Pretty much par for the course with everything else! My doctor said I was very lucky we even MADE it to the hospital. Oh thank you Lord for that!!
I don't even know how to describe it. Or how to even begin talking about it. It just might have to be another blog post. All I can say is I am SO thankful it was so fast because that was seriously the most traumatic and painful thing I have ever experienced. I think Jon has partial hearing loss from all the screaming.
I don't recommend.
Here I am afterward where I just kept asking for some pain meds asap...
Here I am like an hour afterward...are those blue lips? Did I almost die? Felt like it...
(how am I even smiling here??)And I broke all sorts of blood vessels in my face from pushing so hard. Lovely...

BUT...
I DID IT!
I'm now a card carrying member of the all-natural birth club. I feel like its an accomplishment to be seriously proud of. I mean what you go through ain't no joke!
And we are all fine! Just been relaxing in our room all day. Desmond is a champion little breastfeeder, and I'm just head over heals in love with him!
Check out my chunker!...

And just look at my beautiful boys...

Oh, how blessed am I?!
16 comments:
Congratulations Kate! What a beautiful family you have. Welcome Desmond!!
oh Kate, this is just pure awesome! It almost makes me excited to give birth again.
Enjoy these times!
Congratulations!
Congratulations! :) This made me teary! So happy for you! :)
congrats congrats congrats! i cant even imagine such a whirlwind of a delievery! you survived and what a beautiful prize! enjoy him!
Congrats mama! Welcome to the all boys club! Having 3 boys myself, it's awesome. I bet none of your friends can say they had baby clothes go through THREE kids!
He's beautiful! Congrats again!
I haven't had any all natural births, go you!
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!! YAY! So excited for you! Makes me so much more anxious to meet my little babes!! :)
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!! YAY! So excited for you! Makes me so much more anxious to meet my little babes!! :)
Kate - he's so perfect!! I'm feeling the need to hold a baby now...
so great!! And such a great delivery story... you'll be telling that one for years:)
Show your card proudly... LOL!!!
oh he is just so beautiful!!!! so happy for you all!!
britt
ahhh hahaha! the part abt ur lips cracked me up!
Welcome to the all natural club. Im sure you didnt sound any more tribal-ish than me in birth ;-)
I was INSANE!
What a blessing it went fast for you tho. He is so precious.
congratulations!!!!! Yayayayay! He's totally adorable!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!! And WAY TO GO! You are now on my list of heroes! I hope to not be joining the club...but, seriously...you are awesome!!
What a beautiful family!!
Congrads to you and your family!
Kate your boys are beautiful!!!!Congratulations on Desmond and huge huge congrats for the natural delivery. Way to go Mama.
Post a Comment