Breathe in. Breathe out.
Not gonna lie friends. 3 is a lot more than 2. Especially when 2/3 of your kids are RAMBUNCTIOUS toddlers!

These two have teamed up as a united front to rebel against mommy and daddy as often as possible. Seriously, I think I spend 98% of the day telling them NOT to do whatever it is they're doing.
It's REALLY difficult right now to give them the attention they need, and correct them/discipline them in a loving Christ-like way. They wouldn't behave so badly if I was able to put more focus on them. But I just don't have it in me right now because I'm still trying to heal from that crazy awesome delivery. Getting up and down and up and down and up and down 4,000 times a day just isn't an option. So I'm pretty much stuck yelling, "STOP THAT! Go sit in time out!" In which they come out of and start up whatever it is they were doing before! Or a new something naughty. Oh, and yeah, I also have a newborn to care for in the midst of that!
Which by the way, Desmond has promised me he's not going to be a rambunctious toddler like his brothers. He's going to stay my sweet little angel forever. :)
So yeah, 3 just seems like a lot more than 2. But then again we're only 2 weeks into this new adventure. We're still in the thick of it. We're doing are best to strategize how to have some sanity in this house, but no one is up to par in implementing it. We'll get there one day my friends. Right? RIGHT? (that's your cue to comment on how and when it gets better, k?)
BUT...
Even in the midst of this chaos, I am constantly aware that this is exactly what God has for our family. I feel incredibly blessed to have 3 wonderfully perfect boys and one super-awesome husband. God has been oh-so-good to me!
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
James 1:17
7 comments:
It gets better. Trust me.
I think those 1st 2 months were the hardest, once we got a routine going it was just fine. Cant imagine life w/out 3 now :) and ready for a 4th HAH!
Love des' jammies!
oh and dont be afraid to rent lots of redbox movies :) - you need ur time alone with des and soemtimes this is the only option, my kids watched SO MUCH TV those 1st few weeks of Owens life... it was prob. border line childabuse LOL! they didnt complain tho ;-)
Oh my goodness, I remember feeling that way! Because now you're outnumbered. When Phinny came along, you could deal with him and have Jon take Milo off somewhere to give you peace. Not so easy now! But she's right. It does get better! You're doing great, though. You seemed very relaxed and not at all freazzled when we were over yetserday! :o)
And oh. my. goodness. That picture of Des is sooooo sweet! He looks like a baby doll! lol! He's so adorable, Kate!
Anyways, hang in there! You've got a beautiful family and you're both wonderful parents. You'll get through! Love you alL!
Dana
I PROMISE, Kate, you'll figure it out! Don't forget that God will not give you a "project" to do without the proper tools to do it with! You are fully equipped...you just don't know it yet! *grin* Please call me if you need to vent!
I always give myself 6 months to feel "normal" again!
My mom gave me the BEST advice right after I had my 3rd baby... which I brought home to a 2.5 yr old and a 14month old;) She said that the older ones needed my attention and the baby could be put down!!! So whenever Lydia was content (which she was often b/c she was a GREAT baby) a would put her down and spend time with Chris and Anna. Of course the GREAT thing about having a bigger family is that everyone learns to wait and that they can't get their way every second....
You are in your first month:) REST, give yourself and the boys some "breaks"... choose the battles you REALLY want to fight. Reward often:) Snuggle when you can!
And we used the TV too! My kids watched PBSKids when I needed time with the baby (nursing, etc)!! I used TV time to my benefit or when the older ones started getting bored or fussing with each other!
Oh and babywearing the youngest helps too!! Stick the baby in a carrier and take a walk with the older ones.... burns off some of their energy and makes you feel a little better that you made it out of the house with 3;) No one will know that you didn't shower;) LOL!!
I have 2 boys as well. I have always wondered what a third would be like. THanks for the info :) HAHA! I'm sure it will get better once the babe is up and keeping up with his older brothers. YOu will be just fine :))) BREATHE.
It does get better/easier. I think the first four months are the hardest. Quentin is now 7 months old and it's a lot easier that he plays with toys and doesn't eat as often and has good naps. The first couple of months when they are unpredictable is when it's the hardest.
I definitely remember feeling the same way you do, not sure how to handle the 3. I'm still trying to figure out what the best way for all of us to get out of the house in a timely fashion is, being outnumbered even with my husband there.
It WILL get better and ditto to Kelly! I remember at 3 months, things starting to normalize somewhat. We are now at 6 months and it's going sooooo well! Hang in there! Those first couple months ARE hard, but God will see you through this "short" period of time.
Post a Comment