Wednesday, July 20, 2011

That's my boy!





By request, here's some pictures of my babe!



Starting to get some cheeks!...




He LOVES to be outside in the warm weather...



Baby toes!...



Recruiting Mr. Elephant to help feed Desmond...

(I LOVE this swaddling blanket btw. It's from Swaddlekinz. Keep an eye on SIMPLE for my review and an AWESOME giveaway in a couple weeks!!)

Mylo loves his baby brother...



Dance party, whooo!...



And in other news, I chopped 11 inches of hair off and donated it to Locks of Love...



Also...

I want to clarify some things about my last post. If you haven't noticed, I edited it a bit. I by no means think I'm more special or better in any way by having all boys. Since finding out we were having a 3rd boy, I have gotten countless remarks and apologetic looks from people like I had been cursed or something. I still do and will probably continue to our entire lives. I think many other moms of just boys can totally relate to what I'm saying. My point is that I REJOICE in having all boys and count it as my biggest blessing in life. It makes me feel strong and empowered, and that God didn't "curse" me by giving me all boys...He gave me 3 amazing gifts from his "special stash"! The post was not intended to offend anyone with all girls, or with a mixture of boys and girls. I just wanted to express on my blog how I personally feel about having 3 boys.

5 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I get looks all the time too. And comments like "oh wow 3 boys, good luck". I know what you mean.

Send me an email about a bottle holder. Do you sew? I can't remember. If so I have something for you.

Love the haircut. I have been debating cutting mine too. I have no time to maintain it. But I love it long too. Sigh.

Jaime said...

i love the pictures of the lil man. He is so sweet.

And look at you with short hair. super cute!!

Sarah said...

He's so precious! I think he looks like Mom. And I love the hair! Way to go :)

Shelly said...

I got comments when I was pregnant with Ava...folks said "Oh, are you trying for your girl?" or other pitying remarks about having my hands full already with two boys, etc.
Now I get people saying, "Oh, you finally got your girl, huh?" It's incredibly annoying, I know how you feel!
Sadly, the majority of society does NOT view children as a blessing from the Lord, but only as a burden and extra expense!
If the Lord decides to bless us with more children, I can't wait for an opportunity to share my faith with the next person who criticizes us!!

Drea said...

love ur hair!!! and i totally agree w/ you on the boys ;-) - i love having 3. But we do get a lot of "you poor thing" remarks - we just smile and praise what a blessing the Lord has given us.