Mylo starts preschool next week. Whoo-hoo!
I may be more excited than he is. There are a million reasons why I think this is going to be GREAT for not only him, but our entire family. It will be nice to have Mylo and Phin separated for a few hours 3 days a week, it'll be nice for mom to have a little break (!), it'll be nice to have a bit of structure to our days, and of course super fun for Mylo to learn, grow and play with other kids his age.
Anyhow, it's of course important for anyone starting school to have a super cool backpack, right? On my search for just the right one, I came across Land's End backpacks, that come in 4 different sizes for children. Brilliant!
The great thing about this backpack is it's just the right size for his little 4-year old body. And it's well made - making it sturdy with lots of very practical features. The downside? BORING designs. In fact, total lack of design.
Luckily Mylo has ME for a mom. :)
We got some patches and buttons of things he loves, and I ironed/sewed them on. I made the cute name tag with iron-on letters and scrap fabric I had. And VOILA! We have a much cooler backpack just for Mylo.
I love getting to do this kind of fun stuff since having kids. :)
I may be more excited than he is. There are a million reasons why I think this is going to be GREAT for not only him, but our entire family. It will be nice to have Mylo and Phin separated for a few hours 3 days a week, it'll be nice for mom to have a little break (!), it'll be nice to have a bit of structure to our days, and of course super fun for Mylo to learn, grow and play with other kids his age.
Anyhow, it's of course important for anyone starting school to have a super cool backpack, right? On my search for just the right one, I came across Land's End backpacks, that come in 4 different sizes for children. Brilliant!
The great thing about this backpack is it's just the right size for his little 4-year old body. And it's well made - making it sturdy with lots of very practical features. The downside? BORING designs. In fact, total lack of design.
Luckily Mylo has ME for a mom. :)
We got some patches and buttons of things he loves, and I ironed/sewed them on. I made the cute name tag with iron-on letters and scrap fabric I had. And VOILA! We have a much cooler backpack just for Mylo.
I love getting to do this kind of fun stuff since having kids. :)
1 comment:
So cute! I hope Mylo has a great first day of school! B starts back the day after Mylo. I love the decorations. You are so much more creative than I am. I just searched and searched online and for a really cool already decorated backpack and then bought it! =)
Post a Comment