Thursday, January 3, 2008

No Kidding New Year's Resolutions, by Dr. Phil

I love Dr. Phil. Why? I don't know exactly....there's just something about him. I think I just picture him as someone I'd want for a dad. Strip down all the "glitz and glam" and he just seems like a great guy. Yesterday's show was about New Year's resolutions, and how to really make them stick. I have never been big into New Year's resolutions, and actually think they're quite silly! But it's like a big deal to most people, and this time of year you're constantly hearing about people's resolutions. Now, Dr. Phil yesterday gave some pretty "worldly" advice on how to really make a resolution work, and most of the things he said yesterday, and everyday for that matter, I take with a grain of salt. But it did get me thinking...

What do I want to do differently this year? But instead of examining my life inwardly, I look elsewhere to find out what I need to change about my life. Where, you ask? To the one who knows me better than I know myself, God. So after PRAYING about what I should do differently, which is A LOT, but by God's grace He allows me to do one thing at a time, I have resolved to be a better friend this year. Sometimes I can be pretty flaky about investing in my friendships, and I want that to change. God has blessed me with some amazing women in my life that I can run to for anything and trust immensely. I am so thankful for each one of their lives, and want to be as good of friend to them as they have been and will continue to be for me.

Here are some of my wonderful friends...I have many, so don't be upset if you're not pictured! I'll be HAPPY to add you if you just send me a photo!!!


Julie on left, Angie on right


Lorie and Elizabeth in left pic, then my newest friend, Kathleen on right


Cheryl (hello...GORGEOUS?!), then my neighbor and friend, Andrea

2 comments:

juliemorgan said...

i would like to request a new picture... a normal one where i don't have a big freakin' coursage pinned on me (that says "he has risen" no less)...
but i'm so glad to be on your list:)
love you!
jules

Anonymous said...

Boy, I feel special to be on your your blog!! I like the picture by the way!! Lots of love, Elizabeth
Do you like my name!