Friday, May 2, 2008

The honest truth, part 2

First of all, thank you EVERYONE for your kind/encouraging/thoughtful comments and e-mails. It really means a lot to me that you'd take the time to write to me!

My new blogger buddy Lacie, wrote me a very sweet e-mail, and mentioned something that I hadn't really thought about. ??Duh.?? These thoughts are from the enemy! He would love to drive a wedge into my family. God has spoken to me VERY CLEARLY about raising up a generation to LOVE AND SERVE HIM. Of course the enemy wants to try to stop that in any way he can! I know that my kids...Mylo, this new baby, and any future ones we have, are an absolute gift from the Lord. He knows them inside and out, even the ones that aren't here yet. His timing is perfect for everything in their lives, and I can trust in His promises. Phew...I feel better. God is good. : )

Ok. Something else I was thinking about yesterday. I was feeling totally overwhelmed by this, but feeling a bit better about it. I am responsible for teaching Mylo like EVERYTHING! How to eat, how to use utensils, colors, animal sounds, numbers, shapes.....the list goes on and on and on! I mean, if you break it down, it doesn't seem that overwhelming. Like when we're playing with his farm toy, I can teach him animal sounds. But I have a tendency of looking at the big picture, rather than just taking each moment at a time. It's almost like I mentally put the burden on myself that I have to teach him everything in one day. I know that's silly, but its just the way my brain works.

I've gotten some really good "reminders" from all of you that God knows EXACTLY what Mylo needs, who he is, what the timing is for everything in his life, etc. I think I just need to be better at submitting my worries and fears to God, and asking Him to show me and speak to me about the best way to parent Mylo. I just love that little guy so much, and I want the best for him. But as much as I love him, I know God loves him more.



1 comment:

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Bless your heart. I'm unknowledgeable on the mommy thing, but I will be praying for you. Your son is just too cute for words by the way :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!