Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just one!

The ultrasound showed that there is only ONE in there! See...



I know, terrible picture. I don't have a scanner so its a picture of a picture. Its still early, so difficult to make out the shape of anything. The head is on the left, then moving to the right, you have an arm dangling down. Then further to the right is a leg, then that really fuzzy blob to the right of the leg is the umbilical cord. Looks pretty darn beautiful to me. But I'm the mom. : )

Dr. Greco, aka "The Grecinator", said everything looks great so far! The baby has a nice, strong heartbeat. So as long as everything goes well, we should have a baby by the end of the year! ONE baby!

By the way, I've gained 7 lbs. already! Yikes! So its NOT because its twins......maybe the 3 kit-kat bars I ate yesterday? Hmmm....

9 comments:

Nancy Board said...

Praise God for this blessing !! Grandpops and Nana.

Homegrown Tribe said...

Yeah! How fun... I love the 1st u/s and getting a set due date and seeing that little baby. I gain a lot of weight in the beginning and I get big quick too... don't worry. :)

Brittany

Holly said...

Great picture! About Mariela, I am not adopting her and she is not really a relative. She is the granddaughter of my host family (that I lived with in 2003) and has kind "adopted" me since then. Their family struggles a lot (as do most families in Honduras) so I help support her some and go visit every year...she is just a really important kid in my life!

nancy said...

Dear Kate,

Congratulations on your new baby!!!
God is richly blessing you & Jon - and we are all very happy for you!!
I hope you feel better soon and am praying that your entire pregnancy is a good one!!

Take good care and remember that we love you all!!

Aunt Nancy

nancy said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW BABY!!
UNCLE RICK & I ARE SO VERY HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU!!

GOD IS RICHLY BLESSING YOU!!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!

AUNT NANCY

Lakeville Vertical said...

People always asked if I had two in there for my first pregnancy and I gained the least amount of weight with that one. By the third I gained 60 lbs and I truly looked like more than one was in there. One thing is I had a forward tipped uterus and I showed from about 5 weeks on-no kidding.
So glad to see the u/s pics. They are so cool!

Unknown said...

yay!!! will you be finding out the sex?

Shelly said...

Oh, I just LOVE ultrasounds!! That's actually not a bad picture- I can totally tell that it's a baby...course I've seen a few ultrasounds before myself! :-)

The Murray Crew said...

Kate - I think I could be a ultrasound tech by now. No explanations needed after my 100+ ultrasounds! =)
Hey, you've went like a week without blogging????? What's up, yo? You alright?

Your bloggin' sista,
Jen and The Crew