Monday, July 21, 2008

How I dumb-down worship

I don't mean to "dumb-down" worship, but when I'm pregnant, it just kind of happens! I just feel like my brain isn't connecting with what I'm doing or saying most of the time, and that definitely seeps into when I'm leading worship! Here's my wonderful worship team...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these people...


Normally I find worship the easiest and most natural way for me to connect intimately with God. I love to worship. But I find it really difficult to connect and keep my focus on the Lord during worship these days! I was a little frustrated about it over the weekend, but now I'm just kind of laughing at myself. I know God delights in even my most feeble attempts to bring glory to His name. He knows my heart and how much I adore Him, and shoot...He knows what an idiot I become when I'm pregnant! :) So as I'm up on stage, here is a slight glimpse into what was going on in my head during worship this weekend....

Walk onstage. Sit on my stool that I only use when I'm pregnant because my hip hurts and I'm already out of breath enough, standing and singing makes me almost pass out. :)
Gosh it's cold in here. Danny really cranked up the AC.
The music starts.
Better take my last sip of water.
Do people notice how much water I drink during the worship set?
Is anyone wondering why I'm sitting and Melanie is standing?
Ok. Let's get serious. Holy Spirit, come. Snap out of it Kate.
Lord, draw me into Your throne room. You are so worthy of every praise!
Hmmm...I wonder which fabrics I should choose for the BabyHawk Mei Tei carrier I really want. Can't wait to look at the choices again.
Singing. Trying to worship. Drink some water.
Somehow my eyes are drawn to every mom holding a newborn baby. This service there are 3.
Will my baby be that small? Was Mylo that small? Man, I can't wait to have a little baby snuggled up on my chest.
Kate! C'mon! It's time for WORSHIP!
Singing. Ok, I'm feelin' it a little bit. Worshipping.
I love to worship. I love this song. "As the heavens hold the skies, it's YOUR hand that holds my life." That's so true. Thank you Lord.
Man, I have to pee. Again.
Will I need a double stroller right away?

So that's just a glimpse! I don't think I need to commentate my thought process the whole 1/2 hour of worship. :) I'm so glad we serve a gracious God who receives my praises AND my random thoughts!

3 comments:

Lakeville Vertical said...

You are so funny. I am sure all those worship leaders are thinking random thoughts all the time and being pregnant will make your mind wander. :)
How much longer till you find out boy or girl? Can't wait to find out.

Mrs. G said...

My mind wanders sometimes too during service. We go to the later service that doesn't get out until 12:45ish so by the end I am usually thinking about what I want for lunch!

Shelly said...

You're hilarious! Thank God He has a sense of humor, too!