Thursday, July 16, 2009

The History of Best Friends

Aaron has been my best friend for 10 YEARS!! He's amazing. I can't say enough wonderful things about him. He's my kindred spirit, and I just adore him to pieces. We have such a special friendship, like none other I have ever experienced or ever will experience. We have been through and seen eachother through A LOT over the last 10 years. I can't tell you how incredibly blessed I am that the Lord introduced us in the fall of 1999...we were instant BFF's. :)

(sorry for the quality of these next 2 pics...they are pics of pics.)

Here are Aaron and I at his wedding August 5, 2001.
I did his wife's hair and make-up for their special day...

(yep, that's me with blonde hair, and if you look closely you'll see a nose ring too!)

Here are Aaron and I at my wedding October 18, 2003.
He walked me down the aisle...so incredibly special...


Aaron came over to hang out for a few hours today. I just love being around him. We can just stare off into space, talk here and there, and its just totally peaceful and easy. Hard to describe, but I feel refreshed after being around him!

Here he is helping Mylo fix his "gwuck". (that's truck, btw.)


Mylo, "Oh man, this guy's GREAT! He'll play gwucks with me!"...


AND...

Aaron obviously payed attention somewhere along the lines where I mentioned that Mylo broke my favorite, ridiculously oversized white sunglasses.

So he came bearing a gift...


They have "diamonds" on the side. :) He's the only guy I know that loves diamonds as much as I do! Before either one of us were married we used to design diamond rings online together. And his wife seriously lucked out 'cause she's got a whopper of a party of diamonds on her hand.

Anyhow, Aaron, I know you're reading this (probably as you're driving home!)...I love, love, love you!! Thanks for my sunglasses, but more importantly thanks for being you.

1 comment:

Drea said...

awe... how fun! some of my best friends were men.. older men, oddly enough. almost like big brothers to me. I miss them a lot.. they all live far now.

And yayyy new glasses!!