There's something about a snow day that I love. I love thought of being all snug in my home while the snow is piling up outside. It makes me feel like I can have a day off from housework, etc., and just have fun. Weird I know, but we all deserve those days, right?
Luckily Jon is able to work from home on days like this, so I don't have to worry about him out on the roads, and we can concentrate on having fun!
Before it really started coming down, Phin and I headed to the store to get milk and ingredients for chicken tortilla soup.
All set to go...
We stayed in our comfy jammies all day, because that's what you do on snow days! Ok, so that's what we do pretty much everyday.
Lunchtime...

Phinny...

Mylo teaching Bear-Bear how to put the shapes in his clock-puzzle...

And learning all the facts about tractors...
And what a snow day without this...
Remember Puffalumps from the 80's?
Or the little brother Randy from A Christmas Story?...
See any similarities?...
After playing in the snow, we headed inside for some YUMMY Chicken Tortilla Soup...
(don't mind the total disarray in the background, hadn't picked up yet)
After dinner it was bathtime...
And we like to wind down in the evening with a little bit of bed-jumping...
Are you getting snow in your neck of the woods? What are you doing to enjoy it?


4 comments:
That is the best blog day we've seen for family fun and work. nana and grandpops.
I can't believe how much of a little man Phin looks like standing in his snow boots and jacket. Lexi is standing but no walking yet. For some reason it makes her seem so much younger. Maybe it is the fact that she is a little peanut in comparison to Phin. =) Looks like you guys had fun!
I love snow days as well. And hollar! Do I see two trip trapps in that pic? Did you buy a second? Because I'm thinking about it...
I totally remember Puffalumps! LOL! Haven't thought of those in QUITE a while! I love snowy days, too...
Post a Comment