First up, my pastor Danny Meyer. Where do I even start? My eyes have flooded with tears already and all I did was type his name! Danny has been a HUGE blessing as my pastor for 6 years now, but especially in the last 18 months. He has counseled and prayed for me through some very difficult times, and the Lord has used him to really change the depths of me. I think Danny's encouragement of who God has made me, and the wisdom that he has shared with me, plays a big part in giving me confidence to go for baby #3. (Because let's face it...doesn't it seem like 2 is do-able, but 3 just might push you over the edge of sanity?!) Not that I ever consulted him about having more kids...its just the blessings he has deposited in me has reminded me of the calling God has on my life. The He made me to be a mom, to raise kids that love and follow Jesus, and that God will continue to give me everything and more I need. (He equips those He calls, remember?) But Danny has also spoken life and encouragement and wisdom into other areas of my life God has called me to. Everytime I leave his office I feel empowered to keep on walking out what God has for me. Right now that is adding Desmond to our family. Thank you Danny for always leading me toward Jesus!
Next up is my sweet friend Sandy. Sandy happens to be the mom of one of my long-time best friends, Julie. Sandy has been my prayer warrior throughout this pregnancy. From practically day one Sandy has been interceding for baby Desmond, and I really think its made a HUGE difference. The pregnancy started off rough...lots of spotting that threatened a miscarriage. I was super sick, which ushered me into the 2nd trimester filled with severe migraines and hip pain. Then there's of course been all the hoopla of the 3rd trimester contractions, bedrest, etc. Every single time I have gone up for prayer at church, Sandy has rushed over to pray for Desmond and me. God has used her in incredible ways to get us through this pregnancy, and I have coveted her prayers! I think Desmond has stayed in so I could get one last prayer session in with Sandy at church a couple days ago, lol! (you can come out now buddy...prayer from Sandy received.)
Then of course, there is my mother in law, Nancy. She is by far the most selfless, sacrificial person I have ever met. She has kept my household up and running when I just haven't been able to. And she does everything with a joyful heart...you can tell she ENJOYS serving us. Jesus puts such high value on serving...He was and is the Ultimate Servant. I can't help but think how He BEAMS with delight everytime she folds our laundry, does the dishes, cares for the boys, cleans, and everything else she does to keep things going around here! I could call her any time night or day for help. One of the things I really appreciate about her is that she doesn't just come over to babysit/play with the boys. She comes to help RAISE them in the ways that Jon and I do. Of course, they have a BLAST with Nana because she plays, plays, plays with them...but she also disciplines them, corrects them, prays for them, etc...according to how Jon and I do it. And I of course can't leave my father in law out of the mix...he is super involved and helpful too. While he's not QUITE as gifted as Nancy in the housework area (hehe) he is ALWAYS available as well and would do ANYTHING for us.I have been surrounded and blessed by family and friends throughout this pregnancy, that without, things would have been WAY worse for us, lol! I had friends bringing over meals every night for 2 weeks while I was on bedrest, people coming over to keep me company while I was BORED out of my mind, people helping with housework, etc. In the midst of some difficult times for our family, we have been RICHLY blessed!
3 comments:
I am richly blessed by your prayers for my girls and I!
Yay for family and friends!!! :-) Can't wait to see his cute face...
What a lovely tribute Kate. I wish I could've been a part. Next time lets wait till after Nursing school. heehee. It's such a blessing to see how God has placed all of these special people in your life and how everything He has orchastrated has come to fruition.
Post a Comment